Our Traverse City Office
Comfort and convenience are the hallmarks of the Great Lakes Foot and Ankle Specialists office operations. To ensure your convenience, below is the information you need about our hours, location, appointment scheduling, insurances accepted and billing.
Great Lakes Foot and Ankle Specialists
3537 W. Front St.Suite C
Traverse City, MI 49684
Phone# (231) 935-8800
Fax# (231) 935-8801
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||7:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
We know you have many choices when choosing a Podiatrist in the Traverse City area, so we have made requesting an appointment a simple process via our website. If, for any reason, you cannot keep a scheduled appointment or will be delayed, please call as soon as possible at 231-935-8800.
Our office accepts a variety of HMOs, PPOs, and other health plans. Please call our office to verify acceptance of your insurance carrier.
We accept cash, checks, credit cards, and health insurance payments.
The American Board of Podiatric Surgery has two levels of certification. Many podiatrists are certified in Foot Surgery only. Dr. Jeff Szczepanski, DPM, FACFAS has the highest level offered. This requires additional surgical residency training, submission of advanced surgical cases and passing additional written and oral certification testing. This allows him to provide the most advanced care possible with his Foot & Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Certification. He is active in training other doctors nationally in these advanced surgical skills, specifically Endoscopic/Arthroscopic Surgery which decreases recovery times.
Some of the in office conveniences we offer are:
- X-Ray taken onsite
- Endoscopy equipment
- Animated video presentations regarding foot and ankle problems
- Minimal incision surgical techniques
- Cosmetic surgical considerations
- Friendly, accommodating staff
- Prompt scheduling, same day appointments available for emergencies
- Certified Medical Assistants
- Fully computerized and electronic insurance claim submission for patient convenience
- Fully computerized electronic medical records (EMR) system; which has been proven to decrease medical errors
- Fully computerized prescription system that faxes prescriptions directly to pharmacies; this program cross checks a national database for drug interactions for patient safety